Meet Tony, one of our CASA Volunteers. He will give you a sense of what it's like to make an impact on a child's life.
If you meet the following criteria, you are eligible to train as a CASA volunteer:
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, to prepare court reports and communicate with professionals.
- Make a 24-month commitment
- Willing to donate 5-20 hours of service per month
- Complete a 36-hour pre-service training course
- Pass a background check, including criminal, child abuse registry, sexual offender registry, and references
- Must possess mature judgment, high degree of responsibility, and sufficient time to serve the best interest of the child
- Must be able to relate to persons of different cultures, ethnic backgrounds, and socioeconomic statuses
Sign up for one of our upcoming commitment-free introduction to the program HERE.