Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Commitment
Today and every day, we encourage all of our CASA staff, volunteers, and community supporters to continue educating themselves and others about racial disparities that affect our nation and the children we serve.
Please join us in solidarity as we share a list of resources that help us continue to navigate this difficult conversation (click on the titles to access).
- Talking to Kids about Racism (June 5, 2020)
- How to Make this Moment the Turning Point for Real Change (June 1, 2020)
- 158 Resources to Understand Racism in America (June 4, 2020)
- George Floyd. Ahmaud Arbery. Breonna Taylor. What do we tell our children? (June 11, 2020)
- Being Black In America: 'We Have A Place In This World Too' (June 5, 2020)
- White Privilege: Unpacking the Invisible Knpasack (July/August 1989)
- Understanding transgender people, gender identity and gender expression (June 6, 2023)
- For Adults: The Warmth of Other Suns by Isabel Wilkerson
- For Children: What If We Were All the Same!: A Children's Book About Ethnic Diversity and Inclusion by C M Harris
- For Children: All Are Welcome by Alexandra Penfold