Thank you for your interest in becoming a volunteer advocate for children in the foster care system. The following are the steps in the process:
- Fill out the Volunteer Interest Form.
- Attend an Information Session to learn more about becoming a CASA volunteer.
- Complete and submit an application including references. Applications are distributed after the Information Session.
- Attend an interview with 2 CASA staff members.
- Complete fingerprinting and background checks.
- If all of the above are completed and you are accepted into the volunteer training, you will complete 36 hours of training (1/2 online and 1/2 in-person).
- At the completion of the training you will be sworn in by one of our judges and then you will be assigned to a case as a CASA volunteer.
- We request that you commit to advocate for a child for at least 18-24 months.